Start Selling Unwanted Items for Income

On top of that, it doesn’t require much work or entrepreneurship skills. You don’t even need to be internet savvy. It’s a 3 step process, take a photo, create a description, and list your price. More importantly, you can reach thousands of potential customers at the click of a button. Best of all, you gain 100% profit by selling merchandise. All you need is an electronic device (mobile phone, laptop, desktop computer) with an internet connection. And, of course, an item to sell or trade.

Where to Sell Unwanted Items

Did you know each year billions of dollars are earned through selling items? What does this information apply to you? Well, this could be a side hustle for extra cash or you can turn this opportunity into a full-time income. If you think about it, you can easily earn $500 – $1000 a month. It all depends on how much time you invest.

Check out this story: 28-year-old earned $2400 in 4 months selling online.

In the past, most people sold their items on Craigslist. Nowadays, there are several apps and sites you can use to sell your unused items. You can sell items on popular platforms like Facebook, Instagram, or Amazon. Or you can sell your stuff on Flyp, Depop, Tradesy, or Vinted. Best are the best apps to sell unwanted items online:

Make Money on Craigslist

Craigslist has been a major resource for sellers since 95′. Across the globe, internet entrepreneurs have earned thousands selling products through classified ad sites. It’s one of the best side hustles of the internet. Many people around the world use these basic techniques to make money on Craigslist and so can you.


DeCluttr is a place to get rid of things you have lying around. Have you ever heard the saying ‘one man’s trash is another mans treasure’? Hence, some of your items might not serve you value, but that same item could be the most precious gift in the world to someone else. Items like phones, CDs, DVDs, books, tablets, iPads, and many others.


LendMeit is a resource you can use to rent out goods where you live. This particular app is a community-based platform. In other words, it’s designed to do business (rent goods) with people in your neighborhood. Most sites allow you to sell items anywhere, but this is one of the first Peer-2-Peer online rental communities.


Mercari is one of the hottest selling apps on the internet. You get $5 for listing your first item, and you can sell just about anything new or used. This includes purses, electronics, toys, and more. They do not require sellers to meet up with people. All you have to do is list it and ship it. Even better, you receive most of the profits, 90% goes to you, the other 10% goes to the company.

OfferUp: Buy Sell, Letgo

OfferUp is a mobile-driven marketplace used for buying and selling merchandise online. The company was launched in 2011 by Nick Huzar and Arean Van Veelan. OfferUp’s initial differentiation strategy was to distinguish itself from its rival (Craigslist) by being a mobile-friendly app with user rating capabilities. The strategy work and the company gained a competitive advantage in its respective marketplace. Currently, OfferUp is one of the most popular mobile markets in its niche. According to, OfferUp is ranked as the 6th highest shopping app in the U.S with over 50,000,000 downloads.


Poshmark has a unique organization. They specialize in fashion and do a stellar job at it, I might add. People come here to buy and sell in fashion. Therefore, if you’re an individual that likes the finer things in life, Poshmark could be a valuable resource.


SellCast is a live video platform for buying, selling, and crowdfunding. Once you’re ready to sell your product, simply go live on social media and market the product to buyers. Sellcast is the first company of its kind to offer a live video for buyers and sellers.


ThredUp is one of the largest online thrift stores around the globe. Customers who shop at this digital store are searching for high-quality second-hand clothes. So if you have designer clothes that you don’t wear anymore, post them. It would be better to earn some of your money back as opposed to throwing them away and getting nothing.

comments powered by Disqus

Related Posts

How to Earn Cashback from Creditcards and Apps

Ways to Earn Cashback From Creditcards and Apps When it comes to choosing the best cashback credit card, it’s not just about getting back a small percentage of your spending.


Amazon Work From Home Jobs Startup Guide

Why Join Amazon Amazon’s commitment to customer obsession, innovation, operational excellence, and long-term thinking extends to its remote workforce. By joining Amazon, you become part of a company that values diversity, fosters innovation, and works relentlessly to create a better future.


Over 100 Creative Side Hustle Ideas

Why do you need creative side hustle ideas these days? To start with, it’s expensive to live this day and age.